Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tonbridge blog shocking journalist....



This is what regular commenter and fellow ranter MattieG labelled me as in a recent comment posted on this site. And I have to agree with him on this occasion that he's right! I was riding a strange contraption (actually it was one of those fold-up bikes, which are extremely handy little things and a possible part of the solution to parking and traffic chaos in Tonbridge and perhaps even the climate change debacle, but that's another story!) I did see the police cars and ambulances and road blocked off and several cars at angles across Pembury Road. My whole body and mind was screaming to go and investigate; every fibre of the journalistic streak within me cried for me to pedal down to the scene of the crime/accident/incident or whatever it was. But I'm afraid the fold-up bike had a mind of its own and decided that I'd had enough excitement running the bookshop and blogging for one day and that my legs just about had one more big climb in them so up I went to be crowned, once again, the King of Le Quarry 'ill, the imaginery Polka Dot Jersey was mine once more (sorry that was last year wasn't it!) Looking back I am ashamed that I ignored my journalistic instinct and didn't turn back, whip out my Sony Erickson camera phone and bring Tonbridge bloggers the world over those exclusive snaps. So as a consollation here's a picture of a lovely spring scene instead. What was occuring on Pembury Rd anyway, does anyone have a clue? Perhaps I should appoint MattieG as chief South Tonbridge correspondent and general busybody....

No comments: