Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Looks a bit Saucy: Mr. Books window display #5


I don't normally go in for blatant advertising on this blog but worth mentioning that Mr. Books has another, potentially award winning, window display which, rather bravely, has a mannequin in it sporting a silk bra Shock horror! The girl from the chinese takeaway next door was tickled by this and asked me, jokingly, if it was Superwoman! (Which sounded very funny the way she said it.) But no it's actually part of a Haberdashery-themed window which was an idea my wife spun me. I must admit that I wouldn't have necessarily gone for this one without a little gentle persuasion on her part but, now I see it, I do think it's another triumph! (that's a bra joke in case you're a bit slow today!) I'd love to bring you pictures of this needleworking masterpiece but, alas, Google blogger is experiencing problems with picture uploading this week. Maybe you'll have to come along for a proper live look instead. I dunno, perhaps even buy a book or two while you're here! There's up to 50% thousands of books for another week or so as well....

5 comments:

Paul Bailey said...

You tease!

sebfox said...

I think your window is a bit of an eye-catcher. It's a bit jumbled, but then again, people are attracted to jumbles. I've stopped on more than one occassion to have a look, and try to make some sense out of it all, and I've also seen other people do the same. So it works. I've also photographed it from more than one angle, and it looks great. However,Santa bought be a Kindle for Christmas...and the rest is history.

Paul Bailey said...

A Kindle, sebfox - shame on you!

Outraged said...

Kindle, a noun, cause to catch fire? As in kindling wood?

sebfox said...

Books are very unhygienic. Teeming with dust mites and bed bugs. You can catch anything from measles to anthrax poisoning from reading just one book. This is a scientifically proven fact, and I know it's true cause I read it in "The Sport".
I thought I'de save the rain forest, and improve my health at the same time.