Thursday, April 27, 2017

Any rooms at the Bug hotel?!

I bought one of these at the Tonbridge Farmers Market from a chap who claimed that it was made entirely from recycled materials and that it would be crawling with bugs of all kinds within weeks, they'd make it their home. A bug hotel as it were. Well, after about eight months of being on my garden fence more or less undisturbed, by humans at least, all I can say is that the only evidence of insect life are the cobwebs coating the "rooms" of the hotel. And, as any fool knows, spiders aren't even insects! Although, I suppose, most people would still call them bugs!

Very cheap rates at the "Bug Hotel"

2 comments:

Brett said...

I have something similar which is now located on a fnece near a plum tree after being moved due to no inhabitants... It is still pretty much empty nearly a year later....

Unknown said...

I made a few myself. Those on a south facing fence are crawling with solitary bees. Elsewhere, not so much. So my tip is sun, sun, sun.