Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pot Holes in Tonbridge roads....

Pot holes! I'll say that again: Pot holes. Has anyone noticed how many there are this year? In some areas the roads are looking more and more like farm tracks and those unadopted roads you find on some posh housing estates. I'm pretty sure I know what has caused them: an exceptionally cold winter causes water to get into cracks in the surface and then freeze; and we all know of course from out science lessons that ice expands and therefore has to expand somewhere, in this case forcing it's way out and therefore causing a great big pot hole. I'm sure someone out there will correct this rather elementary explanation but that's basically it. So do we all have to go out and buy a four wheel drive or is the council, in this case I believe its Kent County Council Highways Department I'm referring to, going to do something about it before one of us falls into one of them. Some say that I've been digging a deeper and deeper hole for myself for the last twenty years but that's a different matter!...

No comments: