Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quick nip out and buy a Land Rover....

It's going to snow tonight and for the next few days there'll be a lovely white blanket over the streets and countryside around Tonbridge. I don't know about you but I'm always a bit nervous driving in this weather. I've got one of those dashboard computers in the car with the time, date and temperature displayed; yesterday it said minus 4 degrees and it was flashing at me which made me a bit panicky I have to say, I already knew it was cold by the way it took me ten minutes to scrape all the ice of the car windows so why the drama?! The Highways Authority never seems to get around to gritting the side roads, including where I live, so it's fine once you're on the main road but getting to it involved a few hundred yards of driving on an ice rink. I could do with a 4 wheel drive even if only for about two weeks a year. So TonbridgeBlog's message of the day is be careful out there especially if you live in the country and haven't got a Land Rover....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold your horses. Just been out and bought a sledge - which is guaranteed to ensure not a single flake twill fall anywhere in Kent for the next ten years. Doubt m'Landie will start anyway.

Unknown said...

We got out in our Land Rover but cars stranded on the main road meant we couldn't pass so we had to come back home. We have dug a few out this morning. We are going to have the day off and let the dogs play in the snow.