Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Opera Brava this Weekend at the Castle anyone?...

Just tried to blag some freebie tickets for this weekends Opera Brava concerts at the Castle this weekend. Specifically I fancied the Candlelight Gala performance of opera classics on Saturday evening. Not being a fanatic I thought the Magic Flute on Friday, even though they are offering 2 for 1 tickets for this, might be a little too heavy so the Saturday programme seemed like it'd be a good taster which would wet my appetite for more culture this summer. My contacts at the council have told me that "Not even council workers have been offered any freebies!" Imagine that, the very idea that they themselves should have to pay for the events that they organise! I know I was being cheeky because, truth be told, I did just fancy a nice night out, but I would have been able to report about it on this blog and in The Tonbridge Insider and I can't possibly get around to all events if I have to fork out for them all. I'm afraid though that now either I won't be able to go or I'll have to pay £70 for the pleasure! Quite a hefty chunk in these straitened times when I'm saving up for holidays etc. (Get the violins out.) Am I asking too much? Is anyone else going this w/e? I wonder whether the Tunbridge Wells based Courier reporter has to pay to get in!...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just go and sit for free by the castle wall where the benches are. All you need to do is duck under the red and white tape. And after the music you get front line seats for the fireworks!

Paul Bailey said...

The fireworks looked good. We had a good view of them from our bedroom window.