Thursday, July 18, 2013

SIBA Festival....

What a superb weekend for the beer festival at the Rugby club. In complete contrast to last year's event which, can you believe it was flooded and was therefore cancelled, the organisers got their reward with an absolutely glorious weekend. Hot weather it seems is very good for beer sales. A little birdy tells me that on Friday night alone they'd sold over 1,400 pints of the lovely sticky nectar. Not really surprising when you consider that there were around 120 different beers and ciders on offer and all from independent brewers. Imagine how gutted I was therefore when I discovered that the event fell on the exact same weekend as my niece's wedding which I had little choice but to drive up on Friday night for and return Sunday evening thereby missing the whole festival. The wedding was lovely though so I guess it was just the way things go sometimes. I hear that the whole festival was a great success. I'm already looking forward to next year's and will have to have a word with my other niece's and nephews to make sure that the same clash is avoided!...

1 comment:

Paul Bailey said...

You certainly missed a good do, and some excellent beers, TB.