Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tonbridge Books....

Walking with a history lesson sounds good to me. Margaret Beston's poetry always moves me


About to be reprinted. Just as well as Mr. Books is down to last 3 copies
If you want to buy someone (maybe yourself) a book with a local connection this Christmas then why not consider one of these. All very decent in their own right and yet all quite different. All of course available at all good bookshops.... and Mr. Books! Prices vary but none of them will cost you anything like a take away meal for two....
Bob Turcan's is a nice enough pictorial guide. Three Chevrons tells us the history of the
thousand years of the Clare family -as in the Tonbridge Castle founders if you didn't know

4 comments:

JMP said...

These look brilliant. Do you have them all in your shop - will pop by soon to peruse!
I love your blog and I share your ambition to get the good people of Tonbridge discussing local issues online - I've set up a forum to help with this: http://tonbridge-forum.co.uk/. Perhaps you could mention it in a blog and I will reciprocate? Thanks, Juliet

JMP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
margaret said...

Juliet - I took some copies of my poetry collection, Long Reach River, in to MR Books this morning.
I hope you enjoy your perusal ... and more!
Margaret

Tonbridge blogger said...

JMP oh yes, all of them and many more. Come in and have a look....