Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Micro Pub for Tonbridge?...

A little birdie at the SIBA beer festival being held at TJs Rugby Club this weekend told me that there's a micro pub opening soon in Tonbridge. These little jewels are springing up in many towns up and down the country; they tend to serve well sourced craft beers, ciders and fine wines and are usually small bars so can make use of old shop premises which will keep down overheads when compared with the expenses of running a traditional public house. This is great news if it's true and particularly so for the North end of town which is short of a cafĂ© style bar. I dare say that they'll do a great trade and, if the craft ales are well chosen, I for one will be a regular customer....

4 comments:

Brett said...

from a tweet I saw it is 167 High Street so pretty darn small! A real nice change though that we are talking about a pub bucking the trend and actually opening

Unknown said...

Definitely 167. There's a planning notice outside of it. Going to be called the two pigs.

Anonymous said...

Which two Christine ?
PINKY AND PERKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonbridge blogger said...

Actually not where I thought it was. Much smaller premises than the shop unit I was talking about. Still hope it goes well for them. I shall be in there....