Friday, April 30, 2010

Life in perspective....

This morning I was confronted with a very sad scene in Tonbridge High Street right on the Little Bridge. There were Police and an ambulance already present so there really was nothing I could do personally to help except get out of the way and not stand there gawping, as others were automatically doing. An old lady was lying on the pavement receiving what looked like desperate emergency CPR from a paramedic. The lady had the indignity of having her chest exposed for passer's by to see but I'll guess that that was the least of her worries. I do hope that they were able to revive her but I have to say that it looked less than 50 50 from what I could see. If anyone has heard any news please comment below. I know this sounds a little cliched but, I tell you, it doesn't half put life in perspective when you see a scene like that right there before your eyes. There was I deep in thought about my day's work, last night's leadership debate and apprehensive about the book fair and all the work involved in that this weekend and suddenly someone is right in front of me who may have taken her last view of Tonbridge. I hope it was a nice one....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We must have passed each other. I saw the same thing. I don't know the outcome. If you have to go I guess it's best to be quick and not suffer to much. Lets hope the lady pulled through.

Tonbridge blogger said...

From what I hear the old lady died after about 45 minutes of attempted resusitation. I do stress though that I only heard this from one of the post office counter staff at the main PO around the corner from the incident. I did say in my post that it didn't look good for her but it's still a shock to find out that someone was right there in front of us slipping away....

Unknown said...

Noticed today that some flowers had been left on the small bridge.