Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Orange is not the only hair colour....

If anyone saw me around Tonbridge High Street yesterday afternoon, assuming you know what I look like, they'd have seen that I was walking around with orange tints in my hair. (Sadly I didn't think to have a photo taken. ) Let me assure you that this was not a political statement of any kind. TonbridgeBlog was not announcing his intention to support the Liberal Democrats during the forthcoming general election, this is a slur and a falsehood. No the story, very simply, is that I went to have my hair cut (at Jay's in Paddock Wood for the record) and the young boys in the chair before me were being offered Pink, Red, Orange or Blue tints. So we all thought it would be a giggle if old grey hairs (that's me) had a bit of colour added. I plumped for orange because I had to choose one of them; in fact I nearly went for Tory blue but changed my mind just as Jamie (the barber) was unscrewing the the top of the tube of hair colouring. The main idea was to shock my kids when I got home, which worked very well, and it was only driving home that I realised that it might be deemed party politcal. But then, come to think of it, so could many other activities like eating oranges, stopping at red traffic light and supporting Chelsea football club!...

No comments: