Friday, August 27, 2010

Abolish school holidays!...

Tonbridge school kids will hate me for saying this but I cannot wait till the end of the holidays. They seem to be a magnet for dreary weather although, obviously, I realise that this can only be an irrational argument. Or is it? Look at the forecast for next week. It's been pretty 'orrible now for most of August, including my two weeks in Cornwall, it was nice before that and now we are set for some glorious weather for the next week or so just when some schools are starting their terms and the others are gearing up to go back. I know we Brits whine and winge about the weather but haven't we got reason to. I defie any Australian to stay here with us winging Pomms for more than a week without beginning to winge themselves! Not only that but I always feel completely thrown out during the school hols. The rest of my family are still in bed when I leave the house, which means I'm normally running late, I feel out of sinc, no one does normal things during August, business doesn't get done, you can never get hold of anybody you need to, bills don't get paid. Abolish school holidays I say or maybe just let them have a couple of weeks in the summer like the rest of us. It'll get kids used to what it's like in the real world! Only joking kids! Or am I?...

No comments: