Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tonbridge Half Marathon gets 1,000 runners....

I see that the Tonbridge Half Marathon has attracted adrenalin junkies from far afield and has reached its limit of 1,000 runners. Must be an insurance thing as I'm sure Tunbridge Wells and Paddock Wood both attract over 2,000 and the Great North Run must be have around a million! So that's all more competition for me then as I push for my first recorded time over anything like that distance. Back in the day 110 metres hurdles was my main event. 14 seconds of explosive energy, a bit of a lunge for the line and it's over; so the prospect of 13 miles fills me full of excitement and dread all at the same time. Quite simply it will be the longest run I've ever done so please take pity on me if you see me straggling at the back of the field gasping for water and air. Sub 2 hours would be an achievement for me but I'm sure that the winner will come home in not much more than an hour. I don't quite qualify for the over 50s prize although if I have a bad run I might by the time I finish the race!...

No comments: