Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Farmers Market. The Best Way to Shop?

I went along to the Tonbridge Farmers Market on Sunday. On a very drizzly, cold, wet morning it was nice to see so many stall holders and visitors there even before 10am when I arrived.  I managed to pick up some bags of mixed apples and pears (at £1.70 for a huge bag full can't be bad!) Also went a bit mad on the cheese stall as usual, I do like that Lord of the Hundreds and Sussex Oak. I picked up some wonderful Christmas gift boxes of real ale from the Sussex Brewery stand and then some little stocking fillers from various craft stalls. Oh, and I even spent some money at organiser, Steve the Chilli Man's, stall. I bought some wickedly hot olives marinaded in evil strenth chilli sauce, mixed with some milder ones and sun dried tomatoes. Lovely stuff. £50 well spent I'd say and that is definitely my way to shop. You can keep your shopping malls and retail parks with their huge queues and hoards of shoppers desperate to get the latest toys. Give me a good outdoor market and a High Street any day. Right Mary Portas?!..

No comments: