Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mary Portas Tonbridge Town Team bids....

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with the Tonbridge Town Team's Mary Portas bid? I did hear a rumour that we'd won the bid for the £100,000 that was up for grabs but I think someone had just got their wires crossed. The announcements will be very soon I reckon. So what chance do we have? Might not be as slim as some have suggested. Other towns in the North East for example will need way more funding than this amount so towns such as our own may well fit the bill. I've been asked if I'd consider joining the team if the bid is successful to help put their ideas into practice and, you know what, I may just do that. I've got a few suggestions of my own which might be taken up so let's hear yours. Sensible ones only please and remember £100k might sound a lot to you and I but, in strategic town planning terms, it's peanuts. I seem to remember the Town centre plan, commissioned by TMBC some years ago (before the credit crunch I might add) cost about that sum of money....

No comments: