Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tonbridge Lions and Unicorn....

Two things today. Number One: It's World Book Day. Wow. I'm not sure how it all started but anything that encourages teachers and students to think about books and literature, and to dress as their favourite characters from the literary world cannot be such a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. I'm dressed in a sort of weird combination of Sci Fi wear. A tweed jacket and Doctor Who style 12' long multi coloured thing with a T shirt which simply says "42" which, as every fan of "Hitchikers Guide to The Universe" knows is the rather incogruous answer to life the universe and everything! Anybody else like to share what they're doing?

Number two: the observant among you may have noticed that the Coat of Arms Lion and unicorn thingies atop the portico of the Rose & Crown hotel has now been unveiled and, I have to say, it looks quite spectacular. Not sure about the, I'm sure temporary, cheeky Comic Relief red noses! No pics but I happen to know that there's at least one been posted on twitter already so look there if you must. Better still, treat yourself and actually come along and take a look for yourself, buy a book from Mr. Books and relax with a coffee and a cake at the Rose and Crown.....

1 comment:

hallum said...

Good news indeed. I must stroll down and have a look.

I see your break-in man is listed for trial at maidstone crown court today.