Saturday, March 21, 2009

Famous folk of Tonbridge and beyond....

TonbridgeBlog has covered "Famous People of Tonbridge" before so I won't babble on about Colin Cowdrey and E.M. Forster or even Eliza Acton and, dare I claim it, Jane Austen. But I did find out the other day that apparently the famously rotund dry commedienne, Jo Brand, of QI and other programmes fame, is the most famous Twiglet of all time. (Inappropriate nickname, as I'm sure Jo will admit!) That is to say she went to Tunbridge Wells Girls Grammar School, TWGGS for short (geddit?) I know that's not quite Tonbridge, but where's the TunbridgewellsBlog to tell you about it? So someone's got to mention these things!...

1 comment:

blogsworth said...

Hey Blog, this isn't exactly breaking news. Anyone who follows Jo, especially locally, knows this. However I do recall Jo mentioning the school by name, some time ago. The school had approached her for a donation towards some new development. She said that she had to refuse, yet would have gladly given them a few quid for a fag machine in the toilets!