Saturday, March 7, 2009

Good intentions....

I wonder how the new green grocers, Bishops of Tonbridge, is doing; I must admit that I've only bought one banana from them when they first opened; and it was a very nice banana. This despite my good intentions of going there for my weekly fruit and veg shop. You know what they say: The road to hell is paved with good intentions! The trouble is you have to make a special effort, whereas you're sort of in Sainsbury's or Somerfield anyway. Lazy I know, but I wonder if other people, if they're honest, feel the same. I hope they do well and I'll continue to have good intentions to shop there....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you I have had good intentions of shopping there too. I did buy three avocados but to be honest they weren't particularly good. I would like to shop there but I find that the infamous Lidl is a far better bet. Their fruit and veg is superb and 'preiswert'. They even offer organic and fairtrade produce. So unless they lower their prices I will simply just keep an eye on the place and keep my intentions 'good'.

Anonymous said...

I prefer getting my fruit from the friendly market people in the centre. He probably doesn't earn mucn compared to the powers that be at Lidl. It would be good if he did Fairtrade though. I ought to ask him.