Thursday, January 27, 2011

A bang on the head....

Four little beauties: Tunbridge Wells Brewery's range 
I've been out of sorts recently. Not been myself really. For the first time ever I sent an email reply to completely the wrong person which could have been very dangerous. Fortunately it was only to somebody who was chasing me up about a book they'd ordered from me which had obviously got held up in the post. The reply went to someone who was trying to order a completely different one which merely served to completely baffle him. Thankfully it wasn't an intimate one to my new lover or someone arranging a clandestine meeting that evening!(Not that I have one you understand; I ought to make that clear.) I've done a few other stupid things in the last week or so and even had heated arguments with my sister and with a neighbour, both of which have never happened before. I put this all down to one of two thngs: the stress caused by over two months of building work at home steadily taking it's toll on me as every morning I'm having to wake up and make decisions and make cups of coffee (the preferred drink of most builders these days I've discovered; builders tea is a myth!) The other cause could well be the bang on the back of the head when I was up in the loft the other day. I stood up and whacked my bonce on the lintel of a new hatch in the loft so hard it almost made me faint. The day before I'd watched the TV series Waking the Dead in which a young woman had banged her head in a similar way as she fell down some steps on a double decker bus and then had died (assumed murdered but actually not) three hours later and fell in a canal. So the next few hours after my blow on the skull were nervous ones I can tell you! Actually a third reason might be my semi detox diet of eating healthily and not drinking alcohol. It's the same as a full detox diet except mine is only self enforced from Monday to Friday. I reckon I've lost a few pounds and do feel a bit fitter but at the cost of feeling stressy and more forgetful. Maybe it's a combination of all three and it is nearly Friday so I'll be able to test out another bottle in the Tunbridge Wells Brewery's range of excellent beers. A report could follow next week on that and almost certainly in the next issue of the Tonbridge Insider as I've already written and submitted it. The things I have to do for science!...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was Silent Witness! You are confused!

Paul Bailey said...

The Royal Tunbridge Wells Porter is extremely good. I need to get some more bottles!!

Tonbridge blogger said...

The Porter (Beau) certainly packs a punch although I'm not a bit fan of that stouty taste. I found the Dipper too metalic tasting (a bit like drinking an alcoholic version of the spa water!) and the the Royal, which is the best bitter I believe, to be the tastiest so far. I still haven't tried the Sovereign Blond Ale. This w/e perhaps....

Tonbridge blogger said...

You're right it was Waking the Silent Dead Witness!

Anonymous said...

The Porter is at least drinkable, the others are certainly well below average. Both RTW Brewery & Tonbridge Brewery need to go back to the drawing board or look to the likes of Dark Star, Kernal, Moor etc to see how it's done properly.

Watdefu said...

The Sovereign was far too fizzy, you have about 3 seconds to pour it into a glass before it fountains out all over the place.