Friday, January 21, 2011

Election Special....

I decided to vote yesterday evening after all and I'm glad I did. It always makes me feel good to exercise my democratic right; after all people die in other countries for that right so driving a few hundred yards out of my way seems a small inconvenience. Yet I'll bet when the turn out is worked out for this county council election that it'll be somewhere around 25% of the electorate. This means that around 75% of voters couldn't make it along to the polling station, thought that their vote wouldn't make any difference or, more likely, couldn't be arsed to tear themselves away from The One Show!  I can be all self righteous now because I was arsed to go and vote! Who did I vote for? How can you ask such a personal question?! As there was no Monster Raving Looney Party I had to register my protest and vote for the %$£&*~#*& party. The result can be seen on any newspaper politics page online and the unconfirmed result was posted in the comments in the last piece as The Cons having, rather predictably, romped home with Labour being the only significant gainer....

No comments: