Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon looming....

It's getting rather close to the Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon which I've been crazy enough to enter. I find that entering races gives me a goal to aim for and prevents me from using pathetic excuses for not training. You know like, I had a late night. Or I couldn't sleep or I don't really feel like going out this morning or I might be coming down with a cold. Pathetic excuses all of them! Yes having a lung busting event like this one to look forward to really does focus the mind. I've been running up to Bidborough Ridge from the bottom of Quarry Hill as many times a week as I can fit in (which, admittedly is usually only twice) for quite a while now. The reason for this is that I'm told that there's a particularly nasty little hill from Penshurst to Fordcombe so I don't want to be caught out and use the pathetic excuse of not having done any hill training when I knew I'd need to now do I? Trouble is that since the Tonbridge Half last September the furthest I've ran in one session is about 7 miles. So there's still work to be done. It's simply a matter of getting some road (and trail) miles in over the next three weeks or so and, injuries permitting, I should peak at exactly the right... damn I think I may have strained a calf muscle moving my chair back!...

No comments: