Friday, March 2, 2012

Speedy GoneHagos....

Well I've made it into the pages of the Kent and Sussex Courier once again. In the special pull-out about the Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon last Sunday there's my name in (very) small print on page 8 of the special supplement. In 1845th place and with a time of 2 hrs 17 minutes and 25 seconds my achievement has been immortalised! Now before you go making snide remarks about your tortoise could do it quicker, or Brian the snail could have slid it faster, I managed to shave twenty minutes off my Tonbridge Half time. So at this rate of improvement I'll be beating the world record by about 2015! Even the winner, Mr. Yared Hagos, is unlikely to be able to say that is he! Mind you he did manage a course record of 64 minutes 15 seconds. My gosh that's quick and I really don't know how anyone can run that fast for that long. It's unlikely that most people could have biked it as fast let alone ran it.... 

No comments: