Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wheel spinning Oiks in Tonbridge....

In the morning Tonbridge blog occasionally listens to that great local radio station for all my fave pop tunes(that's said with a sort of Smashy and Nicey tone). What am I talking about? Well KMFM of course! Apart from being woken up to the sounds of 80s favourites Shalamar's Baby I Can Make You Feel Good, Neil (Poptastic) Faraday caught my attention by complaining about "those oiks" (his words not mine) who go up and down Tonbridge High Street at 2 in the morning, doing wheel spins and the like. He said that that was one good thing about the high price of fuel at the moment, that the oiks wouldn't be able to afford it. Well I'm not sure I agree with you there mate (stop that Smashy stuff!) but I take the point. I've heard about this latest nuisance joy riding in Tonbridge, but didn't know where or when it went on. What can be done about it? oh I don't know, maybe have a decent police presence on the streets and keep the cop shop open after 8 at night; or haven't the Old Bill yet worked out that that's when all the drinking starts and all the trouble makers come alive....

No comments: