Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Job done for Tonbridge Juddians....

As expected the boys from Tonbridge Juddians Rugby Club 1st XV did the job with two games to spare. By beating KCS Old Boys by 45 points to 15 they have won the London 2 South East league. Read the match report by someone who was actually at the game rather than me who was stuck in my dry bookshop if you don't want to take my word for it. I'll raise my pint of Larkins ale in your honour tonight! As said in an earlier post this really is a fantastic achievement by a side who have battled through thick and thin and, not so long ago, had to get changed in the old lido changing rooms with cold concrete floors, a shower which barely dribbled water (hot if you were lucky) and a bath which probably had the mud of thirty years worth of games silting on the bottom. None of the namby pamby squeeky clean facilities they enjoy now!...

No comments: