Friday, March 11, 2011

Will Mr. Books be the Last Bookshop?...

A little while back you may recall Tonbridge Blog mentioned that some trendily dressed young people had wandered into my shop complete with video camera and microphone saying that they were a film production company. Well they liked Mr. Books so much that they are now thinking of using the interior for some scenes in the film they are making called The Last Bookshop. As far as I can make out it's a fantasy/futuristic story set in a world with only one remaining bookshop. Even that doesn't actually sell any books because the internet has completely taken over and people have forgotten about the beauty of books. Sounds interesting? Then find out more. You'll also see the edited version of the impromptu interview of me about my thoughts on how the world wide web has effected the book trade. (Not necessarily all bad by the way.) It always makes you feel self conscious when you see yourself on video doesn't it. What the heck was I thinking wearing that jumper? And that designer stubble? That's going to have to go! I'm thinking of growing my hair long, having a goaty beard and wearing a trilby hat. Waddaya reckon?...

1 comment:

Richard Dadd said...

I don't believe I've ever been called "trendily dressed" before. This makes a nice change. Personally, I fear I am less trendy, more "student charity shop chic."

Our film crew are greatly looking forward to returning to your splendid shop soon. It will look the part on camera, and is certainly deserving of a spot of promotion.

...Incidentally, you will totally rock the goatee and trilby look.