Friday, January 27, 2012

Church Marriage Blessings....

Page 3 of today's Courier tells us a nice local story about how St. Stephen's is hoping to save marriages from the dreaded divorce by hosting romantic dinners at the church. Couples are apparently being urged to give their relationships "an MOT!" The breakdown of marriage is a serious business indeed so I'm sure that the vicar, Rev. Mark Barker, is full of good intentions. (And, before you say anything, I feel sure that the menu wouldn't be limited to just bread, water and wine!) But, I'll tell you something, if I offered to take my wife for a romantic dinner in the church hall to save our marriage, however good the wine and grub, it would be Decree Nisi before you could say avocado prawn cocktail!...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get your facts right again or they wont let you in.
Its a good job you are not a journalist.
Mark Brown is the vicar in charge at Tonbridge Parish Church. Mark Barker is at St Stevens.

Anonymous said...

Will they be having Devils Food Cake? A bit of a treat.

hallum said...

I'm not sure that they will be serving wine. Some christians with hang-ups seem to resent jesus's first miracle.

Tonbridge blogger said...

fair point I'll edit that to Barker...