Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tonbridge Half Marathon date confirmed

And speaking of catching the running bug I've just heard that the Tonbridge Half Marathon is to go ahead on Sunday September 23rd after its very successful inaugural event last year. They've extended the limit of entries to 1,500 this year having had many runners unable to register with the previous limit of 1,000. (All the more annoying since only 850 actually started the race.) I'm told by the race organisers that the route is to remain the same which is a bit of a shame because, and I think I can speak for most participants, it would be nice if some of the course went through Tonbridge itself instead of just skirting it. Unless of course they rename it the Leigh Half Marathon which might be more accurate! This year then no one should be disappointed but, just in case book it early; you can do it now online then get some training in because, I can tell you from my own experience last year, it's quite a tough, hilly course especially if, like last year, it's a hot day.  I'm off to investigate bare foot running shoes and GPS watches!...

No comments: