Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 2012....

Welcome back and a big HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. What a wonderful Christmas no doubt you had. Mine was a nice quiet family one, although most of us weren't too well at some stage or other. New Year was a little more rowdy but, as you get older you stop going out to parties as you see there's not that much to celebrate, preferring instead a fairly quiet one with family and friends watching Jools Holland yet again. Okay, the truth is, no one invited me to anything better and I'm really not that popular any more if I ever was! My New Years Day started with a refreshing morning 6 mile run along the sea front as, in a moment of utter madness a couple of months ago, I'd entered the Cleethorpes New Years Day 10K. Well it is my home town, so it was a great excuse to go home for New Years Eve and then blow the cobwebs of the next morning. The prospect of this madness would surely horrify most people but, as you may know, I'm well into my running at the moment and it's these event which keep me out there training whenever I can. A great motivation it is not to want to look a fool on race day! If you're interested, which you're probably not, I achieved my target time of under an hour, 59 minutes and 45 seconds to be precise, and mighty pleased I was too. I've already entered the Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon in another moment of sheer lunacy this morning and may well go for the Paddock Wood and Tonbridge later in the year. I've got lots of book fairs planned in already so my year is pretty much mapped out for me. How about yours?...

No comments: