Saturday, May 24, 2008

Angel of the South....


Peter York, the retiring Chairman of the Tonbridge Civic Society was presented with this beautiful sculpture by Ev Meynell at the society’s AGM earlier this week. One wit at the meeting remarked that it looks like a mini Angel of the South! Quite appropriate really being as we were in the Angel Centre at the time. Tonbridge blog thought that in actual fact the piece was far more beautiful and subtle than that; in fact I want one as well! Maybe I'll have to become Chairman in a couple of years after the new man, Peter Charlton, has become bored of it. If I serve for maybe fifteen years or so (instead of Mr. York's 33!) then just maybe they'll award me with something similar. Although knowing my luck they'll probably raise about enough to buy a candelabra from Wax Lyrical!...

No comments: