Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Twenty times a day for Twenty Years!...


One of the highlights of the Tonbridge Garden and Home Show at the weekend, especially if, like me, you're not that much into bedding plants and shrubs, was the demonstration of a food blender. Don't mock, yes you had to be there to appreciate what I'm talking about, but it was quite a performance by the young(ish) couple from the American company. The lady demonstrator could have, and probably is, on one of those dreadful shopping channels where they mix a great patter with subtle and sometimes damned right blantant sales messages. She made fantastic juice mixes, wonderful hot soup, refreshing smoothies, and ice cold ice cream all from lovely fresh ingredients, including the stalks of grapes (full of nutrients we normally disgard) she used the core of pinapples (full of antioxidants or something) and even put some carrot and cabbage (yes really) into the ice cream (more goodness) Everything was so mushed up in the end all that was left were very subtle tastes and none of the texture that would put you off eating it. I marvelled at their salesmanship, although did sense a little that they were doing the demo for the 100th time that day (and they probably were) I wanted one of these machines by the end of the demo, I wanted to enjoy the simplicity of this light commercial quality supa duper blender, mixers, maker of lovely drinks. I wanted to take advantage of its "one second clean" switch, I wanted its ability to be used "twenty times a day for twenty years" (although curiously they only offered a five year guarantee!) I was impressed and would have had one, it should have been mine but oh yeah, did I forget to mention the price? £450 in crome finish (only available at the show) £399 in black or red, £379 special show price in white. I saw at least three people actually buying one but I think I'll stick to the odd Innocent Smoothy treat for now but thanks for the free samples and the very entertaining demo....

No comments: