Friday, July 23, 2010

Festival of Music in Tonbridge tonight....

It's the annual musical extravaganza this weekend at the Castle. So expect the heart of Tonbridge to be filled with the super sounds of the sixties, seventies and eighties from around 7-30 this evening. I've never actually been to this event and feel as though I might have been missing out. Tonight, so I'm reliably informed by one of the security staff who's just been into Mr. Books to pick up some bargain paperbacks, it's Motown, then tomorrow is Eighties Night and I'm not sure about Sunday but I'm sure there's bound to be another tributy-type band playing. I think I'm right in saying that one of the nights always used to be a classical/opera type affair but they dropped it due to unpopular demand. One thing I will say is that it certainly seems to attract the crowds every year. Anyone going along or been to the event before? Hey Mr. DJ just Bung New Order on will you!...

No comments: