Friday, July 9, 2010

Punk Shockers update....

The noise coming from Bank Street Punk Shockers I've now discovered is from local band Bareface who have occupied one of the empty buildings (owned by one of the band members dads, that's nice. Not very Punk but cute! ) Here's a link to their MySpace page if you want to investigate their curious mix of Clash inspired, Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious-esque vocals (and, as I said previously, with a bit of Beatles White album weirdness thrown in for good measure! Hard to imagine yes but actually it's quite a unique sound which has grown on me (like cancer? no nothing like that!) Anyway I've also discovered from my new mates in Bareface, lovely lads as you can see from the pic, that they are shouting, er I mean performing at some big festival over at Canterbury tonight and are also sometimes to be seen at the Forum in Tunbridge Wells. Shit I forgot to ask for a freebie ticket or two. I'm going over there now....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there music is fab if you are into that kind of thing but when you are forced tto listen to them practice the same track over and over again and try to listen to your clients at the same time - well MIGRAINE - Gigs are loud, does band practice that is in a derelict house with no sound proofing have to be as loud... Please lads find somewhere with sound proofing to practice - you are driving me mad!!!

Anonymous said...

Band members dad must have had at least four complaints about the noise coming out of that place - and obviously thinks it is OK for our peace and quiet to be destroyed by the screeching of an off key - well cant call him a singer really can we.... please please please stop making such a racket.....