Friday, November 18, 2011

Throwing stones in my glass house....

Blogging can be a bit of a lonely experience at times. In fact often you don't always know who, if anyone, is reading it or, indeed, whether there's much point to it at all; most of the comments left tend to be of the negative variety which, I suppose, is because it's alot easier to moan about stuff than it is to say positive things. So it's always nice to get feedback of any kind, this time, from an unlikely source. A week or so ago I had little side swipe at our dear friend Higgsworth at the Courier who took exception to my referring to his column as "pointless." It was only a passing comment in a piece about my dislike for the way fireworks night has stretched into weeks. It seems to have struck a bit of a raw nerve though with Mr. H. as he mentions Tonbridge Blog in this week's offering in a none too favourable light. No offence mate, calm down there, because actually, in truth, I quite enjoy reading your weekly little rants and feel that there's probably a brighter personality just itching to get out of that self imposed curmudgeonly straight jacket!...

9 comments:

Dylanarman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth Dadson said...

I love your little blog. Makes me chuckle!

Anonymous said...

Dont you use Google Analytics or something simmilar to measure blog visitors?
And for Elizabeth's information its not a "little" blog.

Tonbridge blogger said...

ED: If I raise just one titter or cause one person to briefly think "I can relate to that" then that's good enough for me! On the other hand it would be nice to big enough get a massive sponsorship deal from Tonbridge Audi or Fidelity Investments!!

Tonbridge blogger said...

Anon: Come on why would I bother with all that when it's just a bit of a lark!

Matt Harvey said...

I'm sure a lot more read it than you realise!

Anonymous said...

Our MP works for Fidelity

Elizabeth Dadson said...

TB - Did someone really just tell me off for using the word 'little' when posting a nice comment about your blog? *shuffles off to the naughty step.....with her sense of humour still in tow*

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is just not true so yes sit on the naughty step in your little shop.