Thursday, October 14, 2010

Men at work....


I've just had a little wander down by the river, under Tonbridge Castle, and came across the giant art installation up against the crumbling old wall. It looks pretty high up there so rather these men than me! I was invited to paint one of the first squares which I duly did and that tiny square is now up there, a tiny part of the massive jig saw which will become clear by tomorrow night. Apparently it's a famous painting; local schools have all been involved in painting it which, when you stop to think about it, is an ingenious way of getting the whole town to participate. When a little smudge of acrylic paint got daubed onto my fingers that was it I knew that the festival had begun and it was symbolised by a speack of paint. And I got a nice warm feeling inside; it felt good to be a part of it all. If you don't already know then the arts fest will be all around you for the next ten days. Dancing, singing, music, art, poetry, lit quizzes, sculpture, books, storytellers, you name it it'll all be there. Take part in it and maybe you'll get that same warm glow inside which I felt....

No comments: