Saturday, December 18, 2010

And now for the Sports News....

There is none!
Most disappointing of all is that the local derby game between bottom of the table Tunbridge Wells RFC and Tonbridge Juddians, currently heading up the League, has been called off due to the f'ing snow (I meant freezing oh course!) This is most disappointing as, number one, the club had arranged a huge lunch for members and their guests and, number two, they had a marquee with beer and hog roast planned and, worst of all, I was going along to watch and get in the Christmas mood with a few pints of Larkins ale and a small pig sandwich. I now feel completely deflated having got myself all keyed up for the game. (What's that you say? I wasn't playing but only going along to shout from the touchline?! Does the club have the finances to install under soil heating I wonder? Cos I think they're gonna need it in the coming years unless the season is rescheduled goes on until August!...

2 comments:

AirRaidPatrol said...

Tonbridge Angels' game against Canvey Island has been called off as well for your information.

Paul Bailey said...

Did the lunch still go ahead without the game being played? After all. it would have been a shame to waste all that lovely Larkins and roast pig!