Thursday, December 2, 2010

A trek across the Siberian wastelands!...

If you've already been out and about this morning in Tonbridge you may have spotted some mad fool wearing a duffle coat with the hood up, carrying a shovel over his shoulder. That would have been Tonbridge Blog walking across snow and ice to get to work. As you can see though I did put my camera phone to good use on my travels. Then, as soon as I arrived, I put the shovel to good use to clear an area around Mr. Books which now has its own cute little footpath leading from the high street pavement to the shop door. It looks like something out of a fairy tale! I'm not expecting many mad fools to venture out to buy books today but you can't blame me for trying. It's still snow joke for many commuters but guys, here's a tip, stop feeling guilty, tell the boss you'll be working from home and then nip down to Christopher Hull sports shop, buy a sledge and head for lambs bank slope to put it to good use. Okay it's not Chamonix but last year there was a fella on a snow board up there! Enjoy yourselves it'll all be gone by next week. By the way my boiler's still knackered but, thankfully the Dimplex heaters I bought from Homebase on Canon Lane last Friday is working a treat and the emersion heater, like a sleeping collosus, has sprung into action....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If 1963 vwas anything to go by it will still be here next week, it took 3 months in 1963. The weather forecast shows freezing most of the time for the next 5 days with a bit of rain on sat and plus 2c temp. With all that electricity you are now using make sure you have plenty of shillings for the meter.