Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Open for business?...



Walking across Tonbridge today I couldn't help but notice that around half the shops were still not open at around a quarter to ten. What's going on? What is all the fuss about? A bit of snow shouldn't stop the wheels of industry and commerce turning should it? I feel a bit smug, as probably do all the other people who managed to make it in today. "At least I made the effort!" I hear the cries across Tonbridge. Weald of Kent and Hillview Schools are closed today and I'm not sure about the others. It's probably more a case of the staff not being able to get in rather than the kids. Let's face it all the children who couldn't manage to get to school will almost certainly be out right now on sledges and having snowball fights; and who can blame them! Quarry Hill was just about still passable and, from what I saw this morning pretty free of traffic. Everything looks so beautiful and fresh as you can see in the photos. You could be forgiven for thinking that you are in Lapland or Alaska instead of outside St. Stephen's Church at the bottom of the hill. Enjoy it while it lasts....

No comments: