Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lightning strike in the dentist's chair....

Throughout pretty much the whole of yesterday's tropical style storm I was laid back in my dentist's chair with needles, drills, scrapers and all manner of other implements being rammed into my poor old mouth. At least the noise of the cracking thunder kept my mind off it a little and, luckily the dentists managed to avoid being struck by lightning. I hear that a house in the Slade area of Tonbridge was not so lucky and actually was struck by lightning. Apparently there were fire engines racing to the scene yesterday afternoon so I'm not sure how much damage was done to the house; perhaps someone has some further news on this?...

1 comment:

sebfox said...

Tropical storms?? Didn't really notice, and I was here all day yesterday.