Saturday, June 11, 2011

Victoria Hislop's new book....

And speaking of Victoria Hislop, as I was a few days ago, I hear that her latest book The Thread, will be out in October this year . It seems from the synopsis that she is carrying on what seems to have been a very successful theme of historical novels with an element of split times within a seemingly tranquil Mediterranean back drop; that is over simplifying what is sure to be quite a complex plot but does give you a very brief flavour of her style. I loved her first book, The Island, but must confess to not having yet read The Return, which was her follow up book. I feel slightly bad about this because Victoria was kind enough to do a book signing in Mr. Books for this book a couple of years ago so the least I could have done, you'd think, would have been to read it! By the way I also happen to know that Victoria who, if you don't already know, is a Tonbridge lass and happens to be married to Ian of Have I Got News For You fame, will most probably be involved in next year's Tonbridge Arts Festival in some capacity. In the meantime I'd love her to do a book signing at my shop again or, even better, at the West Kent Book Fair on October 16th. Good luck with the launch Victoria and next time I spot you in Angel Walk I will be a bit more assertive and say hello. It was probably the mild shock of seeing Ian with you and being in a rush at that moment myself which prevented me from making myself known....

No comments: