Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Olympic tickets....

I, like millions of other people, applied for quite a few London Olympics 2012 tickets. In fact if I'd been lucky enough to get all the tickets I'd asked for I'd have been taking out a second mortgage by now! As it turns out I had nothing to fear on that score. I noticed that the organisers had taken £66 out of my bank account last week and I was guessing which event I would be lucky to attend next August. Would it be the Opening Ceremony in all it's quintessential British glory?Would it be the 100 metres final with Usain Bolt breaking his own World Record yet again with such casual ease? Or maybe it would be the event I really wanted to see above all else: the 110 Hurdles Final (my event back in the day!) If not these what then: a swimming event in the giant fish like pool? Gymnastics? To see the future Nadia Komenich perhaps or Olga Korbut? The 1500 metres semi finals? Actually what I've been allocated is the Women's Football Final at Wembley. Not bad, and nice to be going to anything at all but I would have put it top of my list. That said I intend to take my daughter along, who's starting to show some real promise in the game, to enjoy seeing the new Wembley Stadium as I'm yet to have the pleasure. With a bit of look our girls will be in the final. Better than not getting anything and I'm already looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere of the Olympics albeit not in the Olympic park.  Anybody else get the tickets they wanted?....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to rip off Wembley, hot dog for £4.20, fish and chips for £7.60, burgers at £8, soft drinks at £3.00 to a pint of larger at £4.50, bottle of water £1.80. - get saving.

Anonymous Number One said...

No worries for Mr Books, he's loaded.

Anonymous said...

well done for actually getting some - a once in a lifetime opportunity wherever the venue and whatever the sport.

Anonymous said...

Anon 5.57, Once in a lifetime? Ask Sir Steve Redgrave how many he's been to. Now Dame Kelly parading through Tonbridge was a spectacle not to be missed.

Anonymous said...

Kelly Holmes winning an Olympic gold was the spectacle not to be missed - not too sure about parading through Tonbridge High Street although I am sure many people did enjoy that for their own reasons.

AirRaidPatrol said...

Unlikely to see Team GB in any football final, the individual FAs won't allow a unified team.