Friday, June 17, 2011

The things I do for Sara....

Kathie Foster Smith came to see me in my shop a few minutes ago. It's always lovely to see her and especially so because I know how busy she must be with the media constantly banging on her door for a comment about her latest Marmalade recipe! (See earlier posts) She didn't come just for a chat though, oh no she wanted me to cough up £2 for my annual membership of SARA which stands for The Slade Area Residents Association. Of course I don't actually live in The Slade but might as well since I spend more time in my shop than I do at home these days! Kathy's demands didn't stop there either. She's a smooth operator alright and before she'd left the shop I'd also agreed to sponsor Slade In Bloom, SARA's annual competition to judge the best gardens in the community. I'm always happy to help of course, especially since I'm usually given very little choice! One thing to note for the future though Kathy is that I don't need much persuading: I'll do virtually anything for a couple of jars of your award winning orange stuff!...

No comments: