Tuesday, January 6, 2009

KMFM ads a turn off....

Neil Faraday of KMFM, our friendly purely local radio station, with all you fave pop tunes, gave TonbridgeBlog a huge positive plug this morning on his extended breakfast show (very extended actually since it was about 11am) so a big thanks to him as he goes off, according to Myma Seldon whose next on air, to do his Christmas shopping (I guess that's that one of the perks of doing the early show- you get to bunk off the rest of the day while everyone else stays around till late afternoon!) Go easy on him fellow Tonbridge bloggers; remeember he had the guts to state his case on quite an emotive subject and put his name to it. Still it gave him something to fill the airwaves with on his show. Since Neil is such a fan of TBlog I'll say this: I like KMFM radio on the whole. They play some good music, such as Duffy's Raining on our Parade playing as I write, they plug community events, and they have some fairly interesting discussions and phone ins. The only bad things I feel forced to mention are the bleedin annoying adverts. At least that Just MOTs ad has changed to just another jingle instead of the mind blowingly excruciating ads they used to play featuring some bloke who just couldn't get it into his thick skull that they just only did MOTs. Mind you at least I remember it, (but I've never been there anyway.) I know they have to air these ads otherwise they would be out of business but really please can we have some standards because, for me at least they are a total turn off. In fact that's it, after the Iron Maids ad I am turning you off!...

No comments: