Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tonbridge Juddians Groundsman resigns in floods of tears....


The groundsman at the Tonbridge Juddians Rugby Club was today sacked in a scandal over lies he told the club Chairman that the pitch would be ready in time for Saturday's game. He was seen out early with his garden fork prodding holes the length of the first team pitch but, unfortunately had to give up as the water began lapping over the top of his waders. I did my best he told the passing dog walkers, but I only got my ten meters swimming badge at school, I shouldn't have applied for the job knowing that the pitches were on a flood plain. Olympic gold medalist Rebbecca Adlington has been hastily approached as a temporary replacement!...

2 comments:

Watdefu said...

It was worse than that on Saturday.

http://watdefu.blogspot.com/2009/01/good-rugby-pitch-for-ducks.html

TonbridgeR said...

Water polo is the answer