Tuesday, January 6, 2009

They seem like such nice boys....

I did wonder yesterday, as I drove past the Securitas depot in Vale Road, Tonbridge(actually I think they've sold it to some other suckers) what all the sudden fuss was about; there must have been five or six high-tech TV vans and around twenty journalists, some of whom were conducting live news reports as I sailed by. Had it been robbed again? surely lightening doesn't strike twice within two years! When I arrived home and flicked on the news I realised that the court case, which seems to have gone on ad naseum, had finally been concluded and the above men are now awaiting sentence. They look like a nice friendly bunch, are the police sure they've collared the right guys? Let's face it the real brains behind the robbery will probably never be brought to justice; everyone involved must fear their for their lives more than they do a prison sentence. It reminded me what a farce this crime was and how the hell something like that could have happened with all that sophisticated security equipment and within 200 metres of Tonbridge Police Station. The answer of course was simple, pure old fashioned violence and threats, holding at gun point a woman and her seven year old child (the depot manager's family.) I'm sure it will make a great Guy Richie style film anyway; if there are any parts going can I play the one wearing a Tony Blair mask please....

No comments: