Tuesday, January 6, 2009

There's been a murder in Tonbridge....

Really there has! This was the scene earlier today, below the Canon Lane bridge over the Medway in Tonbridge, right near B&Q DIY store. Okay from the picture above it looks like a boat on the river but if you look very closely you can just about make out some men in those white overalls you see on Silent Witness, carrying out forensic investigations. On the bridge itself there were at least 4 police vans from Kent Police and a few uniformed coppers. Being a nosey inquisitive type I naturally approached to investigate. There seems to have been an incident on Friday evening involving a man's body being found on the boat, Impulse, which was moored below the bridge. Police are calling for witnesses; call the incident room on 01622 654862 if you saw anything suspicious over the weekend in that vicinity. (God, I sound like an episode of Crime Watch UK!) I think I must have annoyed one of the boys in blue when I asked if I could take a few photos he said that he couldn't stop me, but would prefer it if I didn't; consequently I couldn't get in any closer and I didn't hang around long for fear of becoming a suspect or something. It's amazing how guilty those coppers can make you feel even when you are just passing by. Shouldn't joke about it really so if you do know anything post it here or get in touch with the bobbies....

No comments: