Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Nearly 2008....

Ever since I can remember I was looking forward to the year 2000, a new millennium. When I was eight years old I clearly remember, thinking I'll be 37 in 2000; it seemed so far away in 1970 that I could only dream about the new age and what it would bring. Well, the Millennium came and it went and we are all still here and still pretty much the same.The trouble is I hadn't planned for anything much beyond that date, and there are no other centuries or landmarks to look forward to so I guess I'll just have to take each year as it comes. What would I like to achieve in 2008? Well it would be nice to still be in business at the end of the year for starters. It would be good if a few famous people walked into my bookshop; Henry Cooper is around and about alot of people tell me, but I'm still waiting for him to wander into Mr.Books shop and hopefully sign the two autobiographies I have put aside for such an occasion; Dame Kelly could help me out by doing book signings here instead of the predictable WH Smiths ones she does; Tom Baker, the real Doctor Who, must come in at some point. Those are just the local ones I know about. I've already met a heroe of mine Roger McGough and also Brian Patten and some talented local authors and poets (still waiting for their big breaks) through the shop. I'd like to take a few steps closer to the literary festival in Tonbridge, making it a real possibility instead of just an embrionic idea. Rather boringly, I would like to get fit again so swimming, running and cycling are a distinct possibility early in the new year. I want to get back in touch with a few old close friends who have drifted away in recent years. Finally I'd like to bring about world peace (ok I just threw that one in to make sure you are still reading this!) Happy New Year Tonbridge blog wishes all readers of this blog, especially those who have been bothered enough to comment a very happy, peaceful and prosperous New Year....

No comments: