Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Let me read it out next time Richard....

As today is National Poetry Day (of course you knew that didn't you) I offered to read out a poem live on KMFM, as indeed I did just that last year on the lovely Vanessa Elms show on last year's day of celebration of the verse. DJ Richard Walters decided that he wouldn't trust the uncertainty of live radio braodcasting and decided to perform it himself instead of letting me do it. The poem was The Credit Crunch, by Mark Richardson (who he?) as seen below. He did his best bless him, but you see Richard, it is quite difficult to perform a poem when you're reading it for the first (at best second) time. So just let me read it out next time mate. Thanks for the plug for Mr. Books Bookshop though, I need all the help I can get so I don't want to sound too ungrateful. Incidentally Poetry at the Pub, open mic nights, are held at The Ivy House and not at Mr. Books bookshop as you said; I do welcome anyone to the shop who wants to come in and perform their own material, but 30 people in the shop might be a bit of a squeeze and I can't risk someone spilling red wine on me set of leather bound Henry Fieldings! Right, for now, I'm Frank Bough, which rhymes with off...

No comments: