Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Toys Aren't Us....

Heaving. That's the only word to descibe how busy it was at the North Farm retail park yesterday. The new TK Max and Argos probably had alot to do with it. I was looking for a certain toy which seems to have become virtually unobtainable, quite why, I'm not entirely sure since they've been around for a couple of years already. I won't say what it was, because its for my wife who just might read this (although probably not!) but I went in PC World, Curry's, Comet, Argos and Toys R Us. Toys R Us had them but would only sell you one if you paid a small mortgage; but you did get to choose from several obsolete games as part of you package. All the best games were outside the "bundle" deal. Rip off I call it, so my principles got the better of me and I said sod them! That didn't seem to be putting the other 25 or so people who had gathered round realising they had the gold dust items. It really was like a group of old biddies at a rummage sale. Because of my principles, now I'm left with four shopping days, no time to go out and shop and not another present idea in sight. Suggestions on a postcard please....

No comments: