Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The secret of my success in business....

Now MR. Books Bookshop does not make a massive profit. To be honest if I didn't love it I'd have given up the ghost a couple of years ago; the love of books and the hope that one day, just maybe, that missing original manuscript written in Shakespeare's own hand will be left in a dusty box outside the shop just before I open up for the day, keeps me going each day almost as enthusiastic as the first day the shop opened! So it's nice to know that, despite my meagre profits, I'm making more money than Lehman Brothers, Halifax Bank, AIG insurance, Morgan Stanley and a whole host of other so-called financial giants put together. It's hard to believe that they could all get it so spectacularly wrong. The secret of Mr. Books comparative success (I'll let you know, but don't tell anyone will you) I didn't expose the business to too much reliance on the global capital markets and sub-prime mortgages. I did think of going that route but decided against that particular business strategy. So now you know. You have to feel sorry for some of those young city boys being frog marched out of their Canary Wharf tower block and booted out into the real world don't you though. No? Me neither!...

No comments: