Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Go to PORC to see incredible stunts....

That's Penshurst Off Road Cycling to you and me. Now you won't catch me doing any of these tricks on my bike but I have to hand it to these kids at PORC they are quite amazing. Some of the down hill bikes (I'm sure that's probably the wrong name for them) cost around £4,000 each. The kids wear elbow pads, knee and chin pads and boy do they need them. You should see some of those runs; most people wouldn't even attempt to climb down them, let alone ride down them! Some kids just have no fear. The jump bikes I discovers are different again. I'm probably wrong but I think they are more like BMX bikes, the bikes that have fixed wheels and really low seats, which you see teenagers doing wheelies on in the Tonbridge Sainsbury's car park. In the street they look ridiculous, like a clown's bike but at PORC they look totally in place, not out of place. Click on this link to Alternative Tonbridge blog to see the videos and I'm sure there's som even better ones on YounTube. OK these kids probably spend all of their spare time at PORC when they should be doing home work and they probably have really indulgent parents who buy them all the expensive kit but I really was flipping flabergasted at some of them....

No comments: